Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Magic for Beginners

I just finished up the first book, and by far my favorite story was magic for beginners. I had just finished that story before the season premier of 24, and the way the characters watched The Library religiously reminded me alot of when my friends and I get together to watch 24 (and Lost once it comes back). I thought it was awesome how Jeremy was so determined to make what he saw on the show come to life, and the characters seemed much more realistic than the characters in the other stories. I definitely think Fox is dead though, because many shows have been ruined by the writers copping out and making beloved dead characters come back to life, hopefully whoever was writing The Library will not make that mistake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Chalk up another one for Magic for Beginners. I guess it was the easy relation that made me like it also. Kelly Link is a very talented writer, but not such a talented creator. Her words keep me reading, but some of the stories seem a bit hash-inspired.

My favorite part of the book is the fact that a zombie in The Hortlak is speaking nonsense when he says "And who is fired out of the cannon?," and then the next story is about said nonsense. It's like even Kelly knows that some of the stories are nonsense.

12:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home