Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jumping on this bandwagon.

Hi, everyone, I'm Elizabeth...or Lizzie...or really whatever. Just not Katherine, but I guess I'll answer to that too. My parents didn't make this easy for me. I'm a junior majoring in Telecommunication and Film following the broadcast news sequence, and my minor is in English...and I'm going to be honest here, I like my minor better. My literature classes are my favourite. Hopefully this one will not dissappoint. I've read a lot of fantasy literature in the past few years. This is basically due to the fact that after I started reading Harry Potter in 8th grade everyone in my family decided, "Hey, Lizzie likes fantasy..." and thus I have received fantasy-esque books for every present giving occasion there was after that. However, I will say, the ones I receive do tend to be on the "normal" end of the spectrum, if I can say that. On the other hand, the book we started for this week, Magic for Beginners, is probably one of the weirdest fantasy books I've ever read. Kelly Link is so ambiguous. It almost makes me mad...I want her to explain everything, reveal everything in the end, and she doesn't, and although that frustrates me, I like it at the same time. She really does seem to seamlessly weave the realms of reality and fantasy together without difficulty, it is captivating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home