Saturday, January 13, 2007

Stone Animals

I read stone animals and catskin yesterday and I really liked the end of stone animals...I'm not sure why everything was haunted or why Henry and Catherine were so indifferent towards everyone...but the last line about the war was pretty cool...any ideas on who the war is between and why Henry has decided it has begun. Maybe he was just talking about the war against the rabbits because the exterminator is coming by...but I thought it was probably something deeper than that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick Beadle said...

I don't think he was having an affair, though it certainly seemed that way toward the end. I did enjoy the murkiness at the end, though, and Henry's inability to realize that he couldn't give everything they want -- unless you see the ending as him just letting loose.

But here's my question, something I thought I would bring up in class later today:

What if this story was about a shaky family creating new problems for itself?

1:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home