Friday, January 12, 2007

intro

hey everyone,
my name is kate and i'm a freshman majoring in nursing. while i am familiar with the obvious harry potter, chronicles of narnia, disney movies, etc., i have not read many of the books we talked about in class wednesday. honestly, i am new to this genre (as well as blogging, it took me a while to figure out how to even post this, as sad as that is), and, in actuality, fantasy has never been my favorite type of reading, which is why i feel this class should be an eye-opening experience for me that will hopefully expand my literary horizons. as far as a working definition of fantasy, i believe it is a genre involving imaginary, impossible ideas generally including magic, the supernatural, and more things of that nature. my definition is certainly a work in progress, and i am interested to explore more about fantasy as this class starts and as i start reading magic for beginners...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home