Thursday, February 08, 2007

Coraline the Movie

As I was looking around on the internet for different interpretations of Coraline, I saw in my search results that there was a hit on the Internet Movie Database. So of course I clicked on it, and apparently next year the movie version of Coraline is being released. It's an animated film with Dakota Fanning doing the voice of Coraline..I just thought it was interesting. I actually think that, if I were forced to choose, Gaiman's book would be on the top of my list for perfect to turn into a movie, especially an animated one. Anybody else's thoughts?

5 Comments:

Blogger Keith Weber said...

I think you're right. The others would lose more meaning in the translation. I think Coraline was written such that it can almost be taken as it was written and not have to be translated.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Tiffiny Harris said...

Yeah, out of the books we have read it would definitely do the best transformation from book to movie without losing many parts in the book. I have to say that I usually hate watching a movie after I have read the book because I spend the whole time analyzing what is different. The book will still most likely be better then the on screen version as is usually the case, but I am interested to see how it turns out.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

A movie? That will definitely be a good movie. The book feels like it should be a Tim Burton kinda movie; right up his alley. I think in this case, the movie might almost be better than the book, if done right, because of the special effects abilities. I'm looking forward to it now!

8:33 AM  
Blogger kate said...

i agree with everyone thus far that this story should make a good movie...i picture the "other world" as kind of a "nightmare before christmas" type setting with the parents as those freaky looking skeletons...i don't know i might be weird but that was what immediately popped into my head when i read the this post

7:29 PM  
Blogger Nick Beadle said...

Probably a better idea than what I had read a few year ago, which would have been a live action film starring Michelle Pfeifer as the mother and Other Mother. Not sure if the button eyes could have the same creepy effect (or be credible-looking enough) unless they're animated.

Tap. Tap. tap.

Tap. tap. tap.

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home