Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Typical Mass Produced Literature.

This was my first Terry Pratchett book, and I must say, I was a little dissappointed. I have heard a lot about this author...everyone seems to like him, but I found him to be quite generic. His humor was indeed a delight, but for the most part, the book was nothing special. It read as if he pumped it out in a couple of days...The only thing that saves this book was the satirical element. Other than that, his story telling is somewhat boring. NOTHING REALLY HAPPENED. It droned on and on and on. He could have told a much better story in fewer pages. Plus, making Jackrum a woman at the end REALLY made me angry. Don't ask me why...it just seemed like a cop out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I agree with the whole Jackrum thing. I really wish he had left both him and Maladict as guys. I mean, I get why he did it, but I really liked it better before that. I suppose revealing the others towards the beginning gave you a little time to get used to it, or something, but doing it at the end...I had already established the two quite firmly as men.

5:40 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

Jackrum was my favorite character until that part. His actions and ways of doing things just don't fit in with the idea that he could be a woman. It's kind of gross, really.

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home