Saturday, January 27, 2007

Pan's Labyrinth...real? Or tragic fascination?

I, like a couple of other people I see, saw Pan's Labyrinth last night. It was amazing! Kind of like if Quentin Tarantino directed the Chroni(what?!)cles of Narnia, and the children spent most of their time in England, not in Narnia. It was truly one of the most beautiful, and most beautifully sad, movies I have seen in a really long time. I felt for every character. I cried (I admit it...tried to hold it back). Everything about the fantasy world was perfectly woven into the real life struggle that was going on in Spain. The fantasy, albeit quite scary, was Ofelia's hope and escape from the horrible life in which she was living. However, it made you question at the end, was it real? Or was it just the little girl's imagination? Her escape from the horrors of her real life?

p.s. I don't think I've ever hated a character so much as I did the Captain. He was pure evil.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, my bad. She did throw it in the fire. I just remembered the Captain squezzing it.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home