Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Fairies

For my paper I have decided to write about The Gentleman and how he fits into traditional English Fairy lore. I have found loads of information on fairies, and have come up with some good comparisons, but I can't help but think that I need to somehow narrow down my topic. Maybe to a compare and contrast between two different kinds of fairies we've read about in class, perhaps? Do y'all remember any specific short stories that star an interesting fairy-like character? All the short stories are starting to run together for me now. What is y'all's opinion?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds interesting. I once heard a BBC special on the evolution of fairies over time, from the ancient Hebrew and Celtic traditions to modern day tinkerbell. I tried to google it, but couldn't find that particular transcript, but I did find this BBC thing which may be useful for you....http://www.bbc.co.uk/insideout/east/series7/fairies.shtml

9:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

did we have other stories with fairies in them? i don't remember.
you could do a study into how S&N fairies compare and contrast to the classic form of a fairie (like Tinkerbell). maybe throw in a reference to Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream... it does sound like a great topic tho!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Tiffiny Harris said...

I don't think there were any short stories specifically on fairies. I agree with Megan to compare against the traditional thought of a fairy and how that contrasts with how the Gentleman is a much darker character who is pretty much insane. Sounds like a great topic!

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

thanks, y'all! That helps a lot!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home