Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kronia

Even though Kronia was the shortest, it was my favorite by far. The content reminds me a lot of Link's last story Lull, but for some reason Kronia struck a chord with me while Lull didn't at all. I think that's possibly because I could connect with what was going on in Hand's story because I could relate - if anyone can relate to calling up random people telling stories about cheerleaders and the devil in a closet and making lots of Susan beer, well let me know & I might re-evaluate my position. Also, the quote at the end was probably one of the most thought provoking statements I have read in awhile. Of all my memories, my favorite ones are those concerning things that didn't seem too important at the time, but looking back have left a definite mark on me. For instance, I was over at a friend's last week, and they have little 2 year old who fell over and hit his head. Both his dad and I rushed over, and his dad picked him up to make sure he was ok. But when he saw me standing there, he reached out & wanted me to hold him instead. Small & random, but I can't forget it.

Anyone else have a memory like that?

2 Comments:

Blogger Jae said...

That's pretty much all my favorite memories. I tend to have one I associate really strongly with a particular feeling or something in the world--the song playing then, the place, my mood--and I always think of that memory whenever I'm in that situation again. To offer up an example that's on my mind right now: my mood kind of crashed earlier, and so now I find myself listening to Nine Inch Nails' "Right Where It Belongs" and remembering listening to the same song in my living room by myself at 1 am two nights before high school graduation. I was doing absolutely nothing but it's one of my... not favorite, exactly, but most important memories.

12:40 AM  
Blogger Keith Weber said...

I agree that sometimes the activities that people wouldn't go out of their way to do are so special because we would do them anyway. For example, when people ask what I did for the weekend, I often have as much fun sitting around playing video games with friends as when I go and do something exciting. Small memories are definitely the best.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home