Sunday, February 25, 2007

Chad Vader, Day Shift Manager

Online Star Wars spoofs are legion, but Chad Vader, Day Shift Manager is one of the most popular and the most well done, going far beyond rote parody and developing its own independent mythology. Thanks to my colleague Don Riggs at Drexel for sending me the link.

Relevance reminder: This is more participatory fan culture, a la The Library in Kelly Link's "Magic for Beginners" -- an example of what Henry Jenkins at MIT calls "covergence culture," "textual poaching" or "transmedia storytelling."

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

Hahahaha, this is pretty odd for me to read this post, because I stumbled upon Chad Vader literally just hours ago and I passed it on to many friends. Episodes 1 & 4 are especially entertaining.

"It is not a date! It is purely to discuss THE LASER CHECK OUT SYSTEM!"

"Yeaaa, I bet you want to check out her laser system...ahhghgh :VADER CHOKE:

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home