Tuesday, January 23, 2007

thoughts on coraline

so i just finished coraline, and honestly i wasn't expecting to like it all that much but i was pleasantly surprised with how much i did get into it...however, i'm thinking i've missed some deeper meaning (i agree that there's definitely some significance to the name confusion, i did catch that part) and that i just stayed on the surface of this story so i'll be interested in class to explore more about the complexities of coraline that i haven't realized yet

1 Comments:

Blogger Joel said...

I felt pretty much the same way. I started reading, and at first I had a bad feeling. But 20 pages into I didn't really want to stop, and I ended up reading all of it in one sitting.

I'm sure I missed some deeper meaning also, but Gaiman is quite talented in his ability to make the story enjoyable at all levels. The book seems almost like its own genre. I know there are scary books for kids, but non that could be quite as frightening as Coraline, I feel, or as enjoyable for adults.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home