Thursday, December 21, 2006

Introductions

I thought about what I should post and decided that introductions would be in good order.

My name is Keith Weber, and I'm a second semester freshman at UA. I am a computer science major who loves just about everything in the fantasy genre I've read so far. I hope to learn a lot more from this class about what happens in the genre and just general information. Plus getting graded for reading things I actually LIKE in school sounded like a good idea. That's about it for me. What about the rest of you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Andy Duncan said...

Keith, what are some of the things you've read in the fantasy genre, and what did you like about them?

3:38 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Keith Weber said...

The definition of fantasy that I thought of in class yesterday was: Fantasy is the genre that deals with the imagination is such a way as to remove attention from this reality whether the subject at hand is medieval warfare and magic, or zombie pajamas.

Some of the books that I've read are

The Pendragon Series (Not King Arthur)
Lord of the Rings series
The Hobbit
The Runelords series
The Wheel of Time series
The Sword of Truth series
The Harry Potter series
The Rhapsody series
Battlefield Earth
The Mission Earth series
The Goosebumps series
and the list continues, but my memory doesn't, so that's all for now.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home