Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tree Killer Topic

I have a few ideas that I just need to flesh out..
1) on the Tarot and Childermass, touching on the history of the Tarot then getting into the significance of Childermass having the cards and the significance of the cards that are laid down when Childermass and Vincultus
2) a study into the use of pairs as main characters in stories. Focusing on Strange&Norrell, Childermass&Vincultus. With this I'd look at other stories, like Northwest Passage, that have pairs. So, I'd do some research into the significance behind the number '2', which is the part I'm worried about because that involves more.. unreliable? sources..
3) a study into novels being very plot driven like a role-playing game and whether this is sloppy or intentional. Andy mentioned something about this last week. It would involve looking into this trend and the trend in video games, also the age-group audience. I think I could make a valid point that novels are being written like rpgs because that's the audience they're aiming for. Hehe, it's like the authors are trying to get us gamers away from the compters with books that are similar to the games we play... Which I am totally all for; I read those kinda books anyways. But how do I make 10 pages out of this?
Aaaaah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffiny Harris said...

I think that all of your ideas are good...the second option might leave you with too broad a subject matter...with Strange and Norrell and the short stories...it might be hard to focus on it. I think you could get alot out of the tarot cards.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Go with the Tarot Cards...that is the strongest of your ideas...and the most specific.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea, I agree with Elizabeth. I was really interested in your discussion on Tarot cards in class. You seem to have a very good knowledge of them already. But I also think the last topic is interesting.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home