Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Northwest Passage

So I read this story at night in complete silence with all of my roommates gone which probably was not the best decision. When I first began to read the story I was wondering why it was in the fantasy genre but after getting farther along in the story I changed my opinion. I don't know if it was the atmosphere that I read the story in or the story itself but it pretty much freaked me out a little bit. I love horror movies (ones that aren't solely based on gore) and this proved to be to my liking way more than The Hills Have Eyes movie which is mentioned in the story. The eerie feeling that someone is watching you doesn't make anyone feel comfortable. Also, I liked that the 'figure' which used to be Jack was not described in the end. It leaves the reader to make up the worst imaginable vision for themselves. Overall I am still a little creeped out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I actually thought the ending was a little disappointing, given the buildup. I don't know, maybe it would have been scarier in film. I was just hoping for either just a really terrifying ending or a really brilliant reveal, and I don't think we got either. Unless I missed something important.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Joel said...

It was kinda like the movie Signs. You just got a glimpse of the unknown, but its enough to freak you out.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmm i's disagree with Signs.. we at least get to see the alien at the end.. i'd go with a less creepy Hills, tho i haven't seen it so i'm not sure. i think the ending would have been better if we coulda had a glimpse at least of the new Jack.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home