Thursday, March 29, 2007

Interesting names in Strange and Norrell

So I'm about 750 pages into this humongous novel of greatness and I noticed that Stephen Black's horse that was given to him by the man with the thistle down hair is named Firenze. I was wondering if anyone else thinks this is a shout out to Harry Potter (since the name of the main centaur in the series is also Firenze). There is another name that jumped out at me earlier in the novel but I can't remember it right now...but I was also wondering if anyone else has noticed some parallels between the two works, because I have noticed a couple but don't want to give the plot away to anyone who hasn't gotten far enough.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Firenze is a city in Italy. You probably know it as Florence.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I personally just enjoy how they all call the fairy, the man with the thistle down hair...I laugh everytime I read it.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home