Tuesday, February 27, 2007

More on Spirited Away

I thought Spirited Away was amazing. I thought it had all the characteristics of most Disney movies, although as Lizzie said earlier, many of the clever references had to do with Japanese folklore and culture, so a lot of it was lost on me. I still enjoyed the film immensly and especially loved the secondary characters in the movie. The bobbing green heads were hilarious along with the transformed bird and baby. I did wonder why Yubaba's supposedly evil twin sister wasn't evil at all when we finally meet her, and why she immediately gives the characters what they need. I was also confused about why she wanted them to call her granny. I kept waiting for her to turn on them Hanzel and Gretel style but it never happened. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love the movie. I haven't seen it in nearly a year or more, since I wasn't able to come on Monday. But it's definitely one of those movies that you don't really forget. I love the different characters. It always bugged me how quickly she conformed to the ways of this magical world, although I suppose being such a determined kid, it would have been easy for her. All of the character were really well drawn out (hehe drawn out x.x)and well developed. Love it.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Keith Weber said...

Spirited Away was awesome. Movies like this really expand the animated genre out from the children's stories that cartoons are supposed to be. I love it.

11:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home