Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hey, late introduction post

Hello everyone, I'm Brian.

I know I'm a good week late on this but I had forgotten my login for the blog and just now got everything working. Anyway, I'm a sophomore with enough credits to be either a second semester junior or maybe a senior. I'm majoring through New College with depth studies in Computer Science and Film Studies hoping to go into video game developement.

I am, obviously, a big fantasy fan. I love Neil Gaiman, he is my favoirte living author of any genre. His work on The Sandman was just brilliant and I have read American Gods something like 6 times and once promised my friend at UT a Wookie life debt to go track down my copy I had left in my house in Houston and get in signed when Gaiman when he came through Austin promoting Anansi Boys.

I also like the fantasy classics, Tolkien, Lovecraft. I used to like Jordan before about book 5 of the Wheel of time series when he figured out he could write thousands of pages where nothing happens and get people to buy his books. I also love Frank Herbert's Dune series and Michael Moorecock's Elric Saga. A recent book/movie I've come across that I enjoyed was Night Watch a Russian novel about vampires and supernatural agents who attempt to keep the forces of light and darkness in balance. Also, David Lynch movies are great for fantasy, Eraserhead is one of my all time favorites. Terry Gilliam is another great fantasy film maker.

Anyway, I apologize for my tardiness here and look forward to some great discussions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home